Cholera

 

The Healgen Rapid V. cholerae Test Kit is a chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of the V. cholerae strains O1 or O1/139 antigen in human feces.

Cholera is a foodborne illness caused by the consumption of food or water contaminated with the microbe, Vibrio cholerae, or V. cholerae. There are an estimated amount of 1.4 to 4.3 million cases  annually, and 28,000 to 142,000 deaths per year, worldwide.

Cholera affects both children and adults, where it can kill within hours if left untreated. Even if the pathogen is present in fecal matter, around 80% of infected people do not develop or experience symptoms. Asymptomatic people can have V. cholerae in their feces for 1-10 days after infection and potentially infect others. The remaining 20% develop acute, but severe diarrhea that can lead to life threatening dehydration.

Cassette Buffer Dropper 3
Product NameSpecimenFormatCatalog No.Certifications
V. cholerae O1 Antigen TestFecesCassetteGEVCH(O1)-602CE Marked
Uncut SheetGEVCH(O1)-604Not For US Market
V. cholerae O1/O139 Antigen TestFecesCassetteGEVCH(O1/O9)-602CE Marked
Uncut SheetGEVCH(O1/O9)-604Not For US Market